Parent View Committee
Establishing regular, open communication and consultation with parents is important to us and we know that setting up the Parent Forum will help us to achieve this. The purpose of the Parent Forum is to provide an opportunity for parents and staff to discuss issues of mutual interest, to promote new ideas and to improve communication between parents and the school.
The Parent Forum will be a partnership between parents, staff and governors who have the shared aim of improving communication, ensuring every pupil can enjoy learning in a secure environment and helping every child reach their potential. The Parent forum will build collaborative relationships between staff and parents.
Our key objectives:
- To improve communication and understanding across the partnership
- To provide representative parents and carers with a regular session to discuss educational matters with the school
- To enable parents to contribute to the development of the school
- To enable parents to ask questions and provide constructive comment
- To enable parents to communicate issues of concern that are not pupil specific (it is not intended to replace parental communication with teachers or the Heads of Schools about individual children)
- To enable the school to have an effective sounding board for new ideas and developments.
The parent forum does not have any statutory responsibilities, duties or powers in the school.